Corrigé Anglais LV2 LVO LVA - Bac L Liban 2016

Corrigé Anglais LV2 LVO LVA - Bac L Liban 2016

Consultez gratuitement le corrigé d'Anglais LV2 du Bac L du Liban 2016.

Anglais LV2 LVO ou Anglais LV2 LVA, notre professeur d'anglais a répondu à toutes les questions de compréhension et a rédigé tous les sujets d'expression écrite de l'épreuve d'Anglais LV2 du Bac L du Liban 2016.

Téléchargez gratuitement ci-dessous le sujet corrigé d'Anglais LV2 du Bac L du Liban 2016 !
Consultez le sujet d'Anglais LV2 du Bac L du Liban 2016

Corrigé Anglais LV2 LVO LVA - Bac L Liban 2016

Le contenu du document

COMPREHENSION

Tous les candidats de la série L traitent les questions de 1 à 7

DOCUMENT A

1. Where does the scene take place ? (city + country)

a – Answer in your own words.

The scene takes place in the United States, in New-York.

b – Justify by quoting two elements from the text (one for the city, one for the country). The two quotes must be different.

"A ski instructor in Vermont" gives us a clue concerning the country, since Vermont is one of the states of the USA."In a chic SoHo loft" l1 gives us an indication of the city, as Soho is a famous New-York neighbourhood. Another indication could be found in the quote "a friend from Columbia LAw" l18, since Columbia University is located in NYC.

2. What do you know about the main character? (name, sex, age, marital status)

We know that the main character is a twenty-nine year-old woman named Samantha. She is single.

3. Say if the following statements are TRUE or FALSE, and justify each answer with a quote from the text.

a – The main character no longer has a job. True "(...) she had just been freed from a job she

despised" l5-6

b – The protagonist has had a gadget stuck into her cellphone for three years. False "The FirmFone, a monstrous little gadget that had been glued to her body" l9-10

c – The main character earned little money. False "she was earning $180,000 a year in base salary, plus a nice bonus" (l13-14)

4. Complete the summary with the following words (one number=one word):

junior; associate; friends; instructor; partner; law; months; ski; thirteen; left. Copy the paragraph and underline the words you add.

The main character thinks about two friends. The first one used to go to the same university, studying law, and had recently been promoted tojunior partner at S&P. Over a period of thirteen months, the second one had had a total change of lifestyle. After being a successful associate editor, he had a nervous breakdown and left his job. He is currently a ski instructor

DOCUMENT B

5. Where is the scene set? (city + country) Quote two elements from the text (one for the city, one for the country). The two quotes must be different.

The scene takes place in Edinburgh ("was living (...) in south-east Edinburgh" l.4-5) in the UK ("one the UK's youngest-ever lottery-winner" l.16).

6. What do we know about the main character? (name, sex, age, occupation)

The main character is a 17 year-old young woman named Jane Park who works for a charity organization.

7. Who or what do the underlined pronouns or possessive adjectives refer to?

a) Title: “…I won…” : Jane Park

b) Line 4: “…her boyfriend…” : Jane Park

c) Line 7: “It’s not exactly Beverly Hills.” : Niddrie council estate

d) Line 23: “…she says. ” : Granny Anne

e) Line 32: “…she’s being… ” : Jane Park

Les candidats de la série L qui composent au titre de la LVO (Langue Vivante Obligatoire) traitent la question 8.

8. Explain in your own words Granny Anne’s sentence, lines 23-24 : "People like us just don't have that kind of money." (40 words)

Granny Anne means that lower-class people like Jane's family, who live on council estate housing, usually never earn such sums as a million pounds, it is truly exceptional. It is in fact so exceptional that it seems dangerous to her and she compares winning the lottery to being given a gun.

Les candidats de la série L qui composent au titre de la LVA (Langue Vivante Approfondie) traitent la question 9.

9. Focus on lines 30 to 32 : "The hardest decision was to decide how much to give my family and friends. Not something that would leave me short but not something that they would say, 'Is that it?' I didn't want them thinking she's being a bit tight there." Using your own words explain this passage. (50 words)

Jane knew that she wanted to give some of her money to her family, but deciding how much to give was a real problem, as she didn't want to give all of it away, but neither did she want her relatives to think that she was being ungenerous.

Tous les candidats de la série L traitent la question 10.

DOCUMENTS A AND B

10. In your own words compare the main character’s relation to money in each text. Give two differences. (50 words)

Whereas in document A, Samantha comes from a social class where earning such amounts of money is nothing exceptional, to Jane Park in Document B, large sums of money are exceptional and set her apart from her social background. Besides, while Samantha spends most of her money to sustain her expensive lifestyle, Jane Park's first idea was to give some of it away to her family members.

EXPRESSION

Les candidats de la série L qui composent au titre de la LVO (Langue Vivante Obligatoire) traitent les sujets 1 et 2.

1. The main character in document A finally decides to phone his/her mother to tell her about the recent change in his/her life. Imagine their phone conversation. (150 words)

"Hello?"

"Hey Mum, how are you?"

"I'm fine, thanks. What about you darling?"

"I"m ok, too. Well, mostly. Can we talk?"

"Yes, sure. What is going on? Are you pregnant?"

"Mum! No! Of course I'm not pregnant! Why do you always assume... Never mind. I wanted to talk to you because I no longer have a job."

"You... what? But what happened? Are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm ok, I think. It's all quite new and a bit of a shock but... I'm... relieved... I think. I just needed to hear your voice."

"Ok, well... What happened? Were you fired?"

"Sort of. I left just before they decided to let me go, basically. Do you remember my friend Tom?"

"Tom... the one who left your firm to become a cowboy in Montana?"

"Nice to hear that you pay attention when I speak to you, mother... He is now a ski instructor in Vermont."

"Yes, yes, same difference Sam. What about him?"

"Hmm, nothing, don't worry Mum. I have to go now. I'll call you later. Bye"

"But-"

2. In document B lines 21 – 22: “Her granny Anne was shocked that they would give such a huge sum to someone so young”. Do you agree with the fact that having a lot of money when you are young can be shocking? Illustrate your answer with examples. (150 words)

I think that the idea of young people having a lot of money is only shocking if you believe that money must be earned, little by little and through hard work. This is the traditional point of view. But in today's world where teenagers become millionaires after creating and selling applications, such as the creator of Summly who sold his app to Yahoo for 30 million dollars in 2013,this point of view may be outdated.

Sometimes however, people are shocked not because they are jealous but because they fear that teenagers may not possess the maturity required to spend large amounts of money wisely

or reasonably. I believe that age is not a guarantee of wisdom and that is why I am no more shocked when young people receive a lot of money than when older people win the lottery. Besides, 17 year-olds are considered responsible enough to join the military in most countries, why not to spend or invest money?

Les candidats de la série L qui composent au titre de la LVA (Langue Vivante Approfondie) traitent les sujets 3 et 4.

3. The main character in document A finally decides to send an email to his/her mother to tell her about his/her mixed feelings after the recent change in his/her life. Write this email. (150 words)

From : s.carter@gmail.com

To : carter-gillian@gmail.com

Subject : I suppose you should know this...

Dear Mum,

I know I don't write very often but I have something important to tell you. I am longer an S&P associate.

It still feels unreal. I'm not sure what to do with all my work stuff. I feel like I should be scared, but in truth, I am mostly relieved.

Of course, I still have to figure out how to pay for my 2,000$ a month appartment, and taxes and everything. But I am sure a Columbia law graduate can find another firm to work for in New-York.

However, I am not sure I want this life. I often think about my friend Tom who abandoned everything to become a ski instructor in Vermont. Maybe he is right. I have often thought about doing the same thing. Even though I can't ski...

Oh well, I will figure something out. I just wanted to let you know.

Love,

Samantha

4. In document B lines 21 – 22: “Her granny Anne was shocked that they would give such a huge sum to someone so young”. Do you agree with the fact that having a lot of money when you are young can be shocking? Illustrate your answer with examples. (150 words)

cf. Expression n°2

Fin de l'extrait

Vous devez être connecté pour pouvoir lire la suite

Télécharger ce document gratuitement

Donne ton avis !

Rédige ton avis

Votre commentaire est en attente de validation. Il s'affichera dès qu'un membre de Bac L le validera.
Attention, les commentaires doivent avoir un minimum de 50 caractères !
Vous devez donner une note pour valider votre avis.

Nos infos récentes du Bac L

Communauté au top !

Vous devez être membre de digiSchool bac L

Pas encore inscrit ?

Ou identifiez-vous :

Mot de passe oublié ?