Exemple dossier Anglais "Idea of progress"
Auteur Message

Exemple dossier Anglais "Idea of progress"

Henjie
2 messages
1 jeton

11 Juin 2018 à 13:33
Hello ! Je suis en Terminale L et je suis malheureusement en retard sur la préparation de mes notions... Je voulais avoir votre avis sur ma notion "Idea of progress".. Merci d'avance pour ceux qui auront pris le temps de lire et bonnes fin de révisions à tous..<3

"Today I will present you the notion we call « The idea of progress ». This notion can be defined as an improvement, a development or a change like a technological, scientific or social advance which contributes to making the world a better place. In scientific advances we can put : medical progress, cures for illnesses, cloning or genetically modified organisms. Technological advances may include new technologies like robotic technologies or technologies to slow down the climate change for exemple. We can speak about the advances of the communication too (mobile phone, social media, internet..). Social progress are about changes in the quality of life like education, equality, minority, human or women's rights. It can be the idea of liberty or democracy.

In relation to the notion, the subject of my presentation will be the social progress. To illustrate it I'm going to talk about gay people's rights with a document about gay activism; an extract of Fairyland : a memoir of my father writted by Alysia Abbott and published in 2014. I will also address the inequalities experienced by black people during the Jim Crow Laws with an extract of Sula by Toni Morrison in 1973. Finally, I will talk about the different works or events that encourage social progress throughout the world.

We may answer the question: To what extent does progress change our vision of the others and of the world ?

My presentation will fall into 3 parts : first of all, I will concentrate on the gay community and its fight for its rights and I'll study about denouncing inequalities to black people in USA during Jim Crow Laws. Then I'll talk about artists that make works to denounce inequalities in USA with a work by Shepard Fairey called Power and Equality. And finally I'm going to say a few words about my own opinion about the idea of progress and to answer my question.

Homosexuals have long fought to be able to assert themselves freely in the society. In USA, the law allowing gay marriage enacted on June 2015 only . Before that, gay men and women couldn't get married or adopt children.
My document speak about Anyta Bryant, an anti-homosexuality activist. She was against the homosexual's rights. She won a compaign against an anti-discrimination ordinnance in 1977. In fact, to fight against this ordinnance, Annita Bryant created a political organization called “Save Our Children” and this organization was at the origin of the first gay demonstration who took place in Paris in June 1977.
This document adresses the subject of an homosexual demonstration in San Francisco during 5 days and the murdered of Mayor Georges Mosconne “the first american mayor to appoint openly gay men and women to government positions” and of the first gay supervisor of the public office : Harvey Milk.
These murders have been the subject of numerous demonstrations for gay rights. In schools, students wrote letters of condolence.. In 70's, gay people have started to assert themselves more and more by showing their disagreements with Anita Bryants first, then by militating for the same rights as male/female couples. And they won the fight.

Although their struggle took time to finally have the right to "exist" like the others, social progress has been there from the beginning. Men and women have been able to change their views about homosexuals and have learned to accept them in the society.
Although there are still a few people against homosexuality. However, only a minority remain. Since 2013 in France and 2015 in the United States, homosexuals have the right to marry and adopt a child.

Jim Crow Laws are a series of orders and regulations issued in the southern of USA between 1876 and 1964. These laws are a major element of the racial segregation because they distinguished citizens by their skin colours. The most important introduced segregation in schools and in most public services, including trains and buses.
Like homosexuals, black people have long been persecuted by the society. They were considered like an inferior race. During Jim Crow Laws, all public places, mass transit, schools or hospitals were separated in two parts : once for white people and an other for “colored people”.
My document deals with a black mother and her daughter who took a segregated train from the north back to the south of USA. On this text, we can see that the white conductor is very contemptuous with Helene, the mother.
During segregation, white people was very bad with blacks and have a sort of power on them. But, some famous black men and women have dared to opposite at Jim Crow Laws and at the segregation. Rosa Parks for exemple, a black woman who lives during segregation said “No” to a white person who wants to take her seat in a bus. Arrested by the police, she was fined $15 on December 5, 1955. Then, she fought against racial discrimination with, at her sides, Martin Lutherking. In 1964, the segregation breaks up thanks to the Civil Right Act. Now, black and whites people live in equality. Social progress is once again put forward.

Social progress was and still is pushed forward by artists through their works or even by demonstrations like gayprides who fight against homophobia and militate for marriage for all. Shepard Fairey makes a poster of a black woman's face on a red background with the slogan “Power and Equality”. It's the face of Angela Davis, a political activist and feminist in the 1970's. She's working with the Black Panther, a political organization founded in October 1966.
The founders of the party write a ten-point program, which they wish to be a political program that directly affects the black community. In fact, their program advocates equality and the right to power for blacks. The works of Shepard Fairey denounce the fact that black people don't have the same rights as White during so long time. He wants to denounce racial inequalities. Artists can be shows to people in what extent social movement can be an important thing for the world. With some works who shows how much black people have suffered during segregation in United States. The works of committed artists can show people, another vision of reality. Artists can play with colours, shapes, contrasts so that his work is as demonstrative as possible.

In my opinion, the progress is, in all terms of the word, very important. I think that social progress is the most important because it's the genese of humanity and if social progress continues to expand, it can be help to have hope in the success of humanity, of an acceptation of humans between them. To conclude, I think that social progress can change our vision of the other and of the world because we realize that there are thousands ways of thinking depending on the people, the countries, the cultures.
Répondre à ce message
Sponsor

Henjie
2 messages
1 jeton

11 Juin 2018 à 13:42
Hey désolée je viens de me rendre compte de la fausse manip !!
Je replace le bon texte ici :

Today I will present you the notion we call « The idea of progress ». This notion can be defined as an improvement, a development or a change like a technological, scientific or social advance which contributes to making the world a better place. In scientific advances we can put : medical progress, cures for illnesses, cloning or genetically modified organisms. Technological advances may include new technologies like robotic technologies or technologies to slow down the climate change for exemple. We can speak about the advances of the communication too (mobile phone, social media, internet..). Social progress are about changes in the quality of life like education, equality, minority, human or women's rights. It can be the idea of liberty or democracy.

In relation to the notion, the subject of my presentation will be the social progress. To illustrate it I'm going to talk about gay people's rights with a document about gay activism; an extract of Fairyland : a memoir of my father writted by Alysia Abbott and published in 2014. I will also address the inequalities experienced by black people during the Jim Crow Laws with an extract of Sula by Toni Morrison in 1973. Then I'll talk about artists that make works to denounce inequalities in USA with a work by Shepard Fairey called Power and Equality.

We may answer the question: To what extent does progress change our vision of the others and of the world ?

My presentation will fall into 3 parts : first of all, I will concentrate on the gay community and its fight for its rights and I'll study about denouncing inequalities to black people in USA during Jim Crow Laws. Then, I will talk about the different works or events that encourage social progress throughout the world. And finally I'm going to say a few words about my own opinion about the idea of progress and to answer my question.

Homosexuals have long fought to be able to assert themselves freely in the society. In USA, the law allowing gay marriage enacted on June 2015 only . Before that, gay men and women couldn't get married or adopt children.
My document speak about Anyta Bryant, an anti-homosexuality activist. She was against the homosexual's rights. She won a compaign against an anti-discrimination ordinnance in 1977. In fact, to fight against this ordinnance, Annita Bryant created a political organization called “Save Our Children” and this organization was at the origin of the first gay demonstration who took place in Paris in June 1977.
This document adresses the subject of an homosexual demonstration in San Francisco during 5 days and the murdered of Mayor Georges Mosconne “the first american mayor to appoint openly gay men and women to government positions” and of the first gay supervisor of the public office : Harvey Milk.
These murders have been the subject of numerous demonstrations for gay rights. In schools, students wrote letters of condolence.. In 70's, gay people have started to assert themselves more and more by showing their disagreements with Anita Bryants first, then by militating for the same rights as male/female couples. And they won the fight.

Although their struggle took time to finally have the right to "exist" like the others, social progress has been there from the beginning. Men and women have been able to change their views about homosexuals and have learned to accept them in the society. Although there are still a few people against homosexuality. However, only a minority remain. Since 2013 in France and 2015 in the United States, homosexuals have the right to marry and adopt a child.

Jim Crow Laws are a series of orders and regulations issued in the southern of USA between 1876 and 1964. These laws are a major element of the racial segregation because they distinguished citizens by their skin colours. The most important introduced segregation in schools and in most public services, including trains and buses.
Like homosexuals, black people have long been persecuted by the society. They were considered like an inferior race. During Jim Crow Laws, all public places, mass transit, schools or hospitals were separated in two parts : once for white people and an other for “colored people”.
My document deals with a black mother and her daughter who took a segregated train from the north back to the south of USA. On this text, we can see that the white conductor is very contemptuous with Helene, the mother.
During segregation, white people was very bad with blacks and have a sort of power on them. But, some famous black men and women have dared to opposite at Jim Crow Laws and at the segregation. Rosa Parks for exemple, a black woman who lives during segregation said “No” to a white person who wants to take her seat in a bus. Arrested by the police, she was fined $15 on December 5, 1955. Then, she fought against racial discrimination with, at her sides, Martin Lutherking. In 1964, the segregation breaks up thanks to the Civil Right Act. Now, black and whites people live in equality. Social progress is once again put forward.

Social progress was and still is pushed forward by artists through their works or even by demonstrations like gayprides who fight against homophobia and militate for marriage for all. Shepard Fairey makes a poster of a black woman's face on a red background with the slogan “Power and Equality”. It's the face of Angela Davis, a political activist and feminist in the 1970's. She's working with the Black Panther, a political organization founded in October 1966.
The founders of the party write a ten-point program, which they wish to be a political program that directly affects the black community. In fact, their program advocates equality and the right to power for blacks. The works of Shepard Fairey denounce the fact that black people don't have the same rights as White during so long time. He wants to denounce racial inequalities. Artists can be shows to people in what extent social movement can be an important thing for the world. With some works who shows how much black people have suffered during segregation in United States. The works of committed artists can show people, another vision of reality. Artists can play with colours, shapes, contrasts so that his work is as demonstrative as possible.

In my opinion, the progress is, in all terms of the word, very important. I think that social progress is the most important because it's the genese of humanity and if social progress continues to expand, it can be help to have hope in the success of humanity, of an acceptation of humans between them. To conclude, I think that social progress can change our vision of the other and of the world because we realize that there are thousands ways of thinking depending on the people, the countries, the cultures.

Noter